Friday, August 14, 2009

OK, down to business. The Fed says the economy has bottomed out and recovery is eminent. Great news-finally some relief. Woops- July home foreclosures reach record highs. Oh well. Wall Street is back, the banks are flush, I have no job and I'm going to lose my house. The Obama Administration is amazed that there is some much animosity and disgruntlement among citizens over their health care reform proposals. Small wonder to me. Consider the governments track record on running anything effeciently and then entrust them to orchestrate a trillion plus dollar program-not. The very large majority of our elected represenatives haven't even read the proposal let alone understand it. John Conyers ( head of the Senate Judiciary committee was quoted as saying "It would take me two days of reading and two days of attorneys trying to explain it to me, so why waste the time". I'd like to know how such a complex solution to an age old problem simply appeared in 100 days complete with a price tag. That in addition to aquiring a mega insurance company, numerous banks, and an automobile manufacturer. That's impressive.

OK- enough gloom and doom. Here is my thought for the day.

Journey through life as though your sleeping daughter's head is resting on your shoulder. Quietly with strength and absolute determination. I love you Katherine.

Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment